Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very good advice. But occasionally the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. There is no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because lots of the popular fast food destinations are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish selection at a restaurant. Now most of the fast food selections have been widened quite a bit. There are lots of salads out there these days. You could get chili. Baked potatoes may also be bought. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of options that don’t involve eating anything deep fried. When deciding on your meal from the drive through, select a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. When you do this you are able to keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Traditional logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. At times what you require most is just to have another person do the cooking. If you decide on healthy things, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar recipe. To make yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar:
- Use 2 cups yellow lentils, washed and drained
- Prepare 1⁄4 cup white rice, washed and drained
- You need 1 small potato, peeled and cut into cubes
- You need 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Get 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Take 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- You need 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Take 1 teaspoon salt
- Get - For serving: optional
- Prepare 1 loaf pita bread, roasted
- Get 4 tablespoons lemon juice
Steps to make Yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar:
- In a saucepan, put the lentils, potato cubes, rice and 8 cups of water. Allow to boil on high heat for around 40 min.
- Strain and reserve the cooking water.
- Put the lentil, rice and potato mixture in a food processor and blend while gradually adding some of the reserved water until you get a smooth, soup-like consistency.
- In a skillet, fry the onion with the vegetable oil until golden and soft.
- Pour the soup in a cooking pot on medium heat and add the fried onions, cumin, and salt. Stir for 5 min until soup thickens.
- Finally, pour the soup in a deep bowl and garnish with fresh parsley.
- A tasty addition to this delicious soup would be a squeeze of lemon and some roasted pita bread pieces that you sprinkle on top of the soup once it's served.
- Note: Depending on the type of lentils, you might need more or less water to cook. Small-sized lentils require more water.
If you find this Yellow lentil soup - shorbet adass asfar recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.