Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to do all of their own cooking. This is certainly good guidance. But occasionally the last thing you would like to do is make a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just would like to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. This is because a lot of the popular fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how you can eat healthy when you reach the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water will be the best options for beverages. Drinking a large soda forces hundreds of empty fat laden calories into your diet. Usually an individual portion of soda should be eight ounces big. That helping usually includes at the very least a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food carbonated drinks are a minimum of twenty ounces big. Generally, however, they’re 30 ounces. This shows that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Milk, fruit juices or plain water are more healthy selections.
Logic says that one the easiest way to stay healthy and balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a number of good selections and going to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy lentil soup recipe. To cook easy lentil soup you need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Lentil Soup:
- Use 1 1⁄2 cup lentils, washed and picked over
- Get 5 cup water, or vegetable broth and water combination
- Use 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- Provide 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- Prepare 1 green onion, chopped
- Provide 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- Prepare 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Get 1 1⁄2 tsp dried herbs (oregano, thyme blend)
- You need 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- Get 1⁄2 tsp curry powder
- Provide 1 tbsp butter
- Prepare 1 tbsp olive oil
- Provide 1 tsp salt, (I ended up adding a little more as I kept adding broth/water. adjust accordingly to your liking)
- Get pepper
Instructions to make Easy Lentil Soup:
- Chop up green onion, onion, garlic, celery, and carrot.
- Add olive oil and butter to large pot and heat on medium-low. When you see it start slightly bubbling, add in onions, celery, garlic, and carrots.
- Let it all simmer about 3 to 5 minutes or until translucent and fragrant. Add in cumin, herbs, curry, a good pinch of salt, and pepper. Let it simmer another couple of minutes.
- Add in lentils and stir frequently to coat with the vegetable spice mixture for a couple minutes.
- Add in water, cover, and reduce heat to low. Let it cook for about 40-60 minutes or until the lentils are tender and a nice flavor has developed. You will need to give it a stir about every 10 minutes and check on the amount of water. You may want more or less depending on if you want something more soupy or more like a stew consistency. I added in a couple cups of water/broth at a time until I had the consistency I liked. Enjoy!
If you find this Easy Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.