Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
On TV plus in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something which many people live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. In the following paragraphs we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
At this stage we are going to explain to you why these minerals and vitamins are important to good health. You might or might not be aware that apples may actually reduce risks of different cancers, and that is because of all the things in apples. And also by eating apples you can actually lessen your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. I don’t know about you but when I read that I went out and got a whole bag of apples.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. The one thing you should recognize is that we only discussed a portion of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this write-up, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples when you go to supermarkets. These apples can certainly lead to helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheddar soup recipe. To cook broccoli cheddar soup you need 13 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- You need 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- Take 3 cloves garlic,minced
- Prepare 2 carrots, diced to the size of your liking
- Provide 4 tbsp butter
- Take 1⁄4 cup flour
- You need 1 bay leaf
- Provide 2 cups half and half
- Take 3-4 cups chicken stock*
- Prepare 6-7 heads broccoli crowns
- Take 3-4 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Use salt
- Prepare pepper
- Provide 4 oz cream cheese
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheddar Soup:
- Melt butter in a large, heavy duty saucepan.
- Sauté onion and carrot on medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Sweating them down. Add minced garlic.
- Add flour. Stir flour into veggies. Turn heat down if browning too fast. You want to be able to cook the flour for about 5minutes.
- Add half and half.
- Add chicken stock. *If you like your soup thin, add all 4 cups. If you like a thicker soup,just add 3 cups.
- Add bay leaf.
- This is where I add my salt and pepper. I start out with 1tsp salt and 1⁄2 tsp pepper. You can adjust to your preference.
- Bring soup up to a gentle boil, medium-high heat..let simmer for 10 minutes.
- At this point, I use my immersion blender. I've got kids that would die if they knew onions were in this. This way, you dont sacrifice flavor over the tastes of picky eaters.
- I threw about 1⁄2 tsp salt in and dumped my broccoli in. My broccoli was mostly florets,but I also left a head, with more stalks…for texture. Completely up to you..
- I lightly simmered, for 20 minutes. Or until your broccoli is tender.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Once you have tender broccoli, remove a couple cups of broccoli to a bowl. I used the immersion blender again, in the soup.
- Return the chunks of broccoli to the soup.
- Add cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Stir all that yummy cheese until it melts into the soup. 😆
- Ladle up and enjoy!! - I served this in bread bowls. Delicious!
If you find this Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.