Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Lemon chicken soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon chicken soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon chicken soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy informs readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and that they need to carry out all of their own cooking. This is really very true. But occasionally the last thing you want to do is put together a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There is simply no reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Choose a drive through according to whether or not it has better options available. For example, Arby’s does not serve hamburgers. You could eat roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as a substitute. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, but the menu there has a bundle of wholesome choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not everything is McDonalds with its deep fried chicken parts and also other terribly bad items.
Logic says that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon chicken soup recipe. You can have lemon chicken soup using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon chicken soup:
- Take 3 plump raw chicken breasts
- Take 1 1⁄2 large carrots (peeled)
- Prepare 1 yellow onion
- Use 1 1⁄2 lemons
- You need 2 pints (8 cups) heavy cream
- Use 1 can chicken broth
- Use Handful small red potatoes, cut in half
- You need Pinch Dried basil leaves, garlic powder, chicken bullion cube
- Take Onion powder, old bay seasoning
- Take Minced garlic
- Provide Salt (I ised kosher), pepper, olive oil
Steps to make Lemon chicken soup:
- Dump 1 can chicken broth, 2 cans of water (from chicken broth), chicken bullion cube (broken in half), a few shakes of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper & old bay. Let come to boil. In the meantime, wash chicken (run under warm water) and cut into thirds, put in bowl. Cut ends off lemon and squeeze over chicken. Add a few shakes garlic powder & a a small spoonful of minced garlic into bowl. Mix around.
- Once liquid is boiling, add potatoes, a few lemon slices and chicken to pot. Put lid on, but not all the way, let cook 20 minutes.
- While the chicken is boiling, dice onions and let saute over some oil on medium heat. Once translucent, slice carrots and add to pan, switch to medium high heat. Cook until a little brown.
- Once 20 min is up, remove most of broth leaving just a little in pot, remove chicken and put on cutting board. Add vegetable mixture to pot & 8 cups of heavy cream. Put a few more lemon slices, basil, salt, pepper & garlic powder (to your liking).
- Shred chicken, add back to pot. Add shake of salt, some pepper & more dried basil. Add a splash of water. Partially cover & let cook 15min, occasionally stirring.
- Serve with lemon, or take lemon slices out, depending on your taste. Enjoy!
If you find this Lemon chicken soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.