Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Simple Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
Everyone has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, but the question is, is this actually a true statement. Many people have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This concept is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In this post we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
More than likely you’ve heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples can benefit an individuals brain. While performing their study they learned that, quercetin, which is found in apples assists in maintaining healthier brain cells. And due to this you will find that apples can actually help people avoid the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
I am hoping I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so healthy for you. In this article we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. You will be able to find many more benefits regarding your health when it comes to apples. When you go shopping again, make sure you buy a number of apples, their in the produce department. It can truly help your health for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to simple butternut squash soup recipe. You can have simple butternut squash soup using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Butternut Squash Soup:
- Provide 1 small butternut squash or 1⁄2 large one (500 g)
- You need 1 small onion
- Use 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Take 500 ml broth (I use vegetable or Kombu broth)
- Take 1⁄2 tsp salt (if using unsalted broth)
- Take optional garnish: chopped parsley and/or toasted cumin seeds
Instructions to make Simple Butternut Squash Soup:
- This is the size butternut squash I used. It was 500 g (450 g after peeled and seeds removed).
- Peel butternut squash and remove seeds. Chop into bite-sized cubes. Cut onion into thin slices.
- Melt butter in a medium pot and sauté sliced onions in low heat until starting to turn slightly brown (about 7-10 minutes).
- Add the butternut squash to the pot and stir around to coat with the butter and onions.
- Pour in enough broth to cover everything (about 450-500 ml). If using unsalted broth, add 1⁄2 tsp salt too.
- Bring to a boil then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for about 15 minutes until squash is soft.
- Turn off heat and purée the soup with a mixer. If you don't have a mixer of some sort, try mashing it up as much as possible with a fork (it will be a chunky soup this way). Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Dish out into bowls and garnish with some chopped parsley and or toasted cumin! (To toast cumin, simply heat about 1⁄2 tsp in a dry frying pan for a few minutes until it smells good. Be careful not to burn).
If you find this Simple Butternut Squash Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.