Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very good guidance. But at times the last thing you want to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from shame about slipping on your diet. This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food destinations are attempting to make their menus better now. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food place.
Your drink needs to be water or juice or milk. Drinking a large soda forces hundreds of empty unhealthy calories into your diet. One portion of soda pop is eight oz.. That serving may contain many spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. A fast food soft drink is almost always not less than twenty ounces. Usually, however, they’re 30 ounces. This means that your drink on it’s own will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. It is much healthier to decide on milk, juice or regular water.
Traditional logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose weight is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let other people make your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to wholesome chicken soup recipe. To make wholesome chicken soup you need 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5 lbs chicken thigh meat, deboned and deskinned
- Use 5 whole peeled cloves garlic
- Provide 1 large onion, quartered
- You need 2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- You need 2 celery stalk, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Take 4 whole shiitake mushrooms
- Prepare 5 peppercorns
- Take 4 bay leaves
- Take dash dried ginger powder
- Provide 2 carrots cut into centimeter cubes
- You need 2 celery stalks cut into centimeter cubes
- Get 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- Provide 2 tsp soy sauce
- Provide 1 tsp Worcestershire
- Provide 1 tsp Chinese rice wine
- Take 1 tbsp butter
- You need 1 tsp salt
- Use to taste Pepper
- You need Sour cream to serve
Instructions to make Wholesome Chicken Soup:
- Take 1.5-2 lbs of chicken meat, preferably with a little bone or skin for fat/flavor (here I used 1.5 lbs of mostly cleaned chicken thighs) and fry in oil in a ceramic coated cast iron dutch oven (I love Lodge).
- Then add 4-5 cups of very warm water, 5 whole cloves of garlic, 1 large quartered onion, 2 carrots in 1"pieces, 2 celery stalks in 2" pieces, 4-5 whole shiitake mushrooms, 5 peppercorns, dash dried ginger powder, 4-5 bay leaves (I use large Indian ones), and bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer for about 60 mins.
- After 60 mins, remove boiled carrot, celery and bay leaves and discard. Roughly chop the boiled onion and return to pan.
- Remove chicken, shred and remove any fat chunks and return to pan. Cut 2 carrots and 2 celery stalks into 1 cm^3 pieces and add to pan.
- Remove mushrooms, cut into quarters (and remove any remaining stem).
- Here I also add 1⁄2 tsp turmeric, 1-2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp Chinese rice wine, and a tbsp butter.
- Simmer soup until new carrot/celery pieces are tender. Add 1 tsp salt and several good cranks of pepper.
- Serve with dollop of sour cream.
If you find this Wholesome Chicken Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.