Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes almost all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. You are able to do this because many of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Aim at the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish choice at a restaurant. Today the majority of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their offerings. There are lots of salads around these days. Chili can be another selection. You could possibly get baked potatoes. Fruit is normally available. There are a lot of options that don’t involve eating anything deep fried. When you order your dinner through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you choose to do this you may keep your fat content and calorie counts low.
Basic reason states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. While, for the most part, this is a good strategy, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook chicken tortilla soup you need 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Take 4 cups diced chicken
- Prepare 1 cup uncooked rice (I use Uncle Ben's)
- Provide 2 (48 oz) reduced sodium chicken broth
- Take 1 (4.5 oz) chopped green chilies
- Get 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- Take (blended)
- Use 1 cup shredded carrots
- Use 1 (15 oz) corn drain juice
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Get 1⁄2 tsp pepper
- You need 1⁄4 tsp celery salt
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp cumin
- Take 1⁄4 tsp ground coriander
- Use 1⁄4 tsp paprika
- Prepare 1 diced sweet onion
- Get 1 bunch cilantro
- Provide 4-5 garlic cloves
- Get 1⁄4 stick butter
- Take White cheese shredded
- Get Strips Texas Toast Tortilla
- Take 1 avocado sliced
- You need to taste salt, pepper, garlic powder
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Boil 4 chicken breast, cool and dice or if in a hurry buy a rotisserie chicken and debone 4 cups.
- In a large soup pot on medium high, saute' the diced onions, and garlic in the butter.
- Add 4 cups of the chicken broth and 1 cup of uncooked rice. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add the diced chicken, green chilies, blended tomatoes, 6 cups of chicken brooth, diced cilantro. Add all seasonings. Simmer 10 to 20 minutes. Add extra chicken broth if needed.
- In a large soup cup place some of the tortilla strips, and cheese then add the soup with 1 to 2 slices of avocado. Enjoy!!
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.