Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Fantastic Pertaining To Your Health.
Everyone has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. Many people have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This specific thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be sharing that with you here.
I am sure you have heard of Cornell University, well they did their own study on how apples can benefit a persons brain. These studies revealed that the ingredients in apples have the ability to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we grow older. And because of this you will recognize that apples can in fact help people avoid the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
I really hope I have revealed some good information that explained why apples are so good for you. One thing you should understand is that we only covered a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the very next time you go to the store. You will see that your overall health could greatly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chawanmushi (savoury custard soup) recipe. To make chawanmushi (savoury custard soup) you only need 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup):
- Use 4 Eggs
- You need *Note: If the volume of the 4 eggs is 200ml, you need 500ml of Soup. (200ml x 2.5 = 500ml)
- Use 500 ml Dashi Stock
- Provide 1 tablespoon Mirin
- Use 1⁄2 teaspoon Salt
- Get 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
- Use <Other Ingredients Suggestion>
- Get Chicken (*marinated with small amount of Soy Sauce for a few minutes)
- Take Small Prawns, Small Scallops, Fish, Tofu, Fish Balls, Udon,
- Prepare Spinach, Shiitake (*sliced), Enoki, Carrot (*boiled),
- Take Italian Parsley (or 'Shungiku', 'Mitsuba')
Steps to make Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup):
- Make Clear Soup. Heat Dashi Stock and season with Mirin, Salt and Soy Sauce in a saucepan, and let it cool down so that it can be mixed with Eggs.
- Whisk Eggs in a mixing bowl and add warm Soup gradually and mix well. We are often taught to pour the egg mixture through a fine strainer to make it smooth, but I don’t do that. Just remove bubbles from the mixture.
- Prepare other ingredients. My method doesn’t pre-cook Chicken or Seafood, so you should use small ones or cut them into small pieces.
- Spinach needs preparation. Wash Spinach well and cook in boiling water until tender. Dip in cold water to stop cooking further, drain well and squeeze to remove excess water. Cut about 4cm.
- Place the ingredients in small bowls, cups, ramekins or whatever you use.
- Pour the egg mixture over the ingredients carefully. Place a young Italian parsley leaf or 'Shungiku' on top. In Japan, most commonly 'Mitsuba' leaf is placed on top, but Italian parsley tastes very similar. And it is optional.
- Cook them in hot steamer or microwave oven. OR you may prefer cooking them in the oven in the same way to cook Creme Brûlée.
- Serve 'Chawanmushi' with small spoons.
If you find this Chawanmushi (Savoury Custard Soup) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.