Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is literally very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you choose is to have to make a meal from scratch. Sometimes you just want to go to the drive through on the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because most famous fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how you can eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Concentrate on the sides. Not so long ago, the only real side dish item offered by a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now virtually all of the well-known fast food places have expanded their menus. Now plenty of them offer you salads. Chili is definitely yet another choice. You can get baked potatoes. Fruit is usually obtainable. There are so many possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. When selecting your supper from the drive through, pick out a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. When you are doing this you are able to keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. You can have copycat panera bread french onion soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Use 4 tbsp Butter
- Get 4 medium Vadilia sweet onions
- You need 2 can Beef broth
- Use 1 cup Chicken broth
- Take 1 3⁄4 cup Water
- Provide 3 tbsp Ketchup
- Take 3 tbsp Flour or Wondra
- You need 1 1⁄2 tsp Course ground black pepper
- You need 1 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- Use 1⁄4 tsp Dried thyme
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Garlic powder
- You need 1 1⁄2 tbsp Worcestershire
- Provide garnish
- You need 1 bunch Parsley
- Use 1 loaf Crusty french bread
- Get 1 lb Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese
- Use 1 Butter
Steps to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20⁄25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft.
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1⁄2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving.
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.