Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Massive Benefits For Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something which many individuals live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. This idea is known all over the world and individuals just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In our research we have learned why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
Yet another thing that has been uncovered is that apples can furthermore help your heart. More than likely you know that apples contain fiber, and that, and also some of the various other substances of apples can promote heart health. These ingredients will even help to reduce your cholesterol, which is also beneficial to promoting heart health. Obviously to get all the advantages from apples you will need to know that most of the benefits can be found in the apples skin. If you happen to be one of the men and women who skin their apple before eating it, you may want to change that habit so that you are receiving all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
And now you know why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. Something you should realize is that we only mentioned some of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. I am hoping that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. It can definitely help your health and wellbeing for short term and for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup recipe. You can have hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- Provide dried split peas
- Prepare green lentils
- You need yellow lentils
- Prepare barley
- Prepare olive oil
- Use onions
- Get garlic
- Get carrots
- Prepare salt and pepper to taste
Steps to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes.
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1⁄4 inch "pennies".
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant.
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes.
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes.
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins - 1 hour.
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours.
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.