Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very good advice. Occasionally, though, the last thing you want is to have to make a meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and end the day. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because most well-known fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Your beverage ought to be water or juice or milk. Choosing a big soft drink as your beverage gives hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. One serving of soda pop is eight oz.. That helping usually is made up of a minimum of a hundred calories and more than a few tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soda sizes start at twenty ounces. It is frequently a minimum of 30 ounces. Choosing a soft drink as your beverage increases your calorie ingestion by thousands and adds way too much sugar to your diet. It is much healthier to select milk, juice and also standard water.
Common logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Sometimes the best thing is to let another person make your dinner. If you ultimately choose healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to simple creamy butternut squash soup recipe. To make simple creamy butternut squash soup you need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- Provide 1 small butternut squash (the smallest you can find is usually enough to make this recipe twice)
- Use 2 Tablespoons butter plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Use 2 cups chopped leeks (light green and white parts only - remember to wash your leeks well!)
- Take 1⁄2 a medium onion, chopped into a 1⁄2-inch pieces
- You need 1 medium carrot, halved lengthwise and cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Prepare 1 stem celery, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Use 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1⁄3 to 1⁄2 teaspoon dried)
- Get 2 cups baked butternut squash
- You need 4 cups unsalted chicken or vegetable stock
- Use 2 teaspoons kosher salt to start
- Get 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Get up to 1 teaspoon sugar if needed to lightly sweeten (some squashes are sweeter than others)
- Use 1 cup heavy whipping cream (you can use whole, lowfat, or nonfat milk - it'll be a little less rich and creamy, but still yummy)
Steps to make Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
- BAKING THE SQUASH: Preheat oven to 375F. Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the pulp and seeds, place flesh side down on your sheet pan or baking sheet, and bake for 45 minutes or so until a fork or knife pierces all the way through the thickest part of the squash like a hot knife through butter.
- NOW FOR THE SOUP: Put the butter and oil in a 4 or 5 quart pot and turn the heat to slightly higher than medium. When the butter is completely melted, add the aromatics (all the veg other than squash) and saute until the onions are translucent and the leeks and onions just begin to brown in parts (about 5 minutes).
- Add the thyme, butternut squash, stock, salt, pepper, and sugar and stir gently a few times to evenly distribute all the ingredients. Turn the heat up to medium high and bring soup to a gentle boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, with the lid on askew, for 25 minutes (or until a fork pierces the carrot pieces VERY easily - the carrots need to be this tender in order to get a really smooth, silky consistency to the final product), stirring occasionally and adjusting the heat down if necessary. (If you can scrape stuff off the bottom of the pot, your heat's too high.)
- Stir in the cream, adjust seasoning if needed, and simmer, uncovered, for another 5 minutes.
- Blend the soup until it's a smooth, velvety consistency. If you have a stick blender, that's the easiest way to go, but if you're using a regular blender, blend 3 cups at a time, starting at a very low setting for the first 5 seconds to avoid splatter and then turn up to the puree setting for 20 seconds or so.
If you find this Simple Creamy Butternut Squash Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.