Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Squash and red lentil soup - vegan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Squash and red lentil soup - vegan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Very good For You.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is really good guidance. But at times the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you just want to pay a visit to the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. There is zero reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food place.
Go for the side dishes. It was not that long ago that all you could get at a fast food restaurant was French Fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have increased their choices. Now plenty of them offer you salads. Chili can be a different option. Baked potatoes can also be purchased. Fruit is normally offered. There are lots of healthful options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” try to make a meal consisting of side dishes. This can help you keep the calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Standard logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose weight is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good choices and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else produce your dinner. When you select healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to squash and red lentil soup - vegan recipe. To make squash and red lentil soup - vegan you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Squash and red lentil soup - vegan:
- Prepare (about 1 cup filled to the top) butternut squash, peeled and cut into 2-3cm pieces
- Take olive oil to roast the squash in
- You need olive oil to sauté the onion with
- You need onion, peeled and finely chopped
- Take garlic, peeled and crushed
- Provide ground cumin
- Provide ground cinnamon
- Use red lentils, rinsed and drained
- Get fresh lemon juice
- Provide salt and pepper
- Provide to sprinkle on top
- Prepare Za’atar
- You need Some ground cayenne or chilli flakes
- You need Some parsley leaves if you have some
Instructions to make Squash and red lentil soup - vegan:
- Preheat oven to 200C. Put the squash in a bowl and mix with the oil. Put onto a lined baking tray and roast for about 25mins - til the squash is tender.
- Heat the oil in a pan (with a lid for later) on a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 10-15mins til soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another couple of mins. Add the cumin and the cinnamon.
- Add the lentils and 500ml of the stock. Cover and simmer for 10mins.
- Add the squash, lemon juice and the rest of the stock. Season. Cover and simmer for another 10mins.
- This is one soup that does work better blended. So either put it in a blender or use a hand blender to make the soup smooth.
- Serve with a generous sprinkle of za’atar and the cayenne or chilli. Enjoy 😋
If you find this Squash and red lentil soup - vegan recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.