Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
Every person has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this actually a true statement. This is something that many people live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is actually true. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be revealing that with you here.
While everyone understands that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to ensure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, how come apples pushed so much? Well lets take a look at the vitamins and minerals that you can acquire in just one apple. Apples consist of, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all tend to be beneficial to your health, but there also are many more healthy minerals in apples. Of course vitamins are also extremely important for your health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote well being.
And now you know why people tell you that you should eat an apple every day. Something you should recognize is that we only mentioned a portion of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this write-up, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples when you go to the store. These apples can certainly lead to helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can cook french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Provide 2 tbsp butter
- Take 1 tbsp olive oil
- Get 5 medium onions
- Use 1 tbsp flour
- Prepare 1 tsp rosemary
- Use 1 cup dry red wine
- Use 6 cup Beef stock
- Provide 1 ground black pepper (to taste)
- Get 1⁄2 baguette (cut into slices)
- You need 3 cup provolone cheese (shredded)
- Prepare 1 tbsp chives
- Get 1 garlic clove
Instructions to make French Onion Soup:
- To caramelize the onions. Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy bottomed Dutch oven or saucepan over low heat. Add onions. Cook onions stirring regularly until onions are dark golden brown color, about 45 minutes
- Increase heat to medium. Add rosemary and flour. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir in red wine. Let reduce for 5 to 10 minutes then add beef stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Finish with fresh ground pepper.
- Brush slices with olive oil and toast under broiler until lightly golden. Rub with garlic.
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls. Top each with toasted bread and provolone cheese. Broil until cheese melts and bubbles, about 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives
If you find this French Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.