Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Tortilla soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tortilla soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tortilla soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” article you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to that. From time to time, though, the last thing you want is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Focus on the sides. It was not that long ago that all you could get at a fast food cafe was French Fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their choices. There are plenty of salads out there now. You could also pick out Chili. You can get baked potatoes. You can make fruit. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t involve eating anything deep fried. When you order your supper through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This helps you keep your calorie count low and lower your fat intake.
Basic reason states that the best way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good decisions and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Every now and then, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tortilla soup recipe. To cook tortilla soup you only need 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Tortilla soup:
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 lb chicken thighs
- Provide 15 oz chicken broth
- Prepare 1 diced jalapeño
- Get 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Provide 1 salt
- Use 5 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Use 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Provide 1 diced bell pepper
- Prepare 1 pitted and diced avocado
- Take 1⁄4 cup cilantro springs
- Provide 1 lime wedges
- Provide 1 corn tortilla chips
Steps to make Tortilla soup:
- In a large pot add chicken, broth, jalapeño and 8 cups of water to boil over med-high heat. Reduce heat to med; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 15 min. Transfer chicken to a plate; let cool.
- Using a large spoon, skim fat from surface of broth in pot, and strain liquid through a sieve in to a clean pot. Shred chicken with a fork and return it to the pot. Stir in salt for taste. Serve in a bowl and add all other ingredients as garnish.
If you find this Tortilla soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.