Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Eating Apples Is Good.
I am sure you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? This is something that many men and women live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. You will be pleased to know that we have done a little research, and we are going to tell you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
More than likely you have heard of Cornell University, well they did their own study on how apples can benefit an individuals brain. This study revealed that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we age. And because of this you will recognize that apples can actually help people prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer’s.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so good for you. The advantages we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. In the event you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. I hope that the next time you go to the food store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup recipe. You can have mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Provide ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup
- Provide 4 box (32 oz) Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1]
- Provide 3 large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed]
- You need 1 small White Onion [quartered]
- Get 2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- Take 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- You need 1⁄2 tsp Sea Salt
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Celery Salt
- Provide 1 tsp White Pepper
- Take 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Use 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- You need 1⁄2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Prepare 3 small Bay Leaves
- Provide 2 cup Baby Carrots [halved]
- Use 1 small Splash Olive Oil
- Take 2 cup Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Provide 1 (12 oz) Bag Wide Egg Noodles
- You need ● For The Optional Ingredients
- Provide 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms
- Take 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil
- Take 1⁄3 Cooking Sherry
- Use 3⁄4 Heavy Cream
- Prepare Optional Sides
- You need 1 box Croutons
- Prepare 1 loaf French Bread
Steps to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination.
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand.
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category.
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes.
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer.
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth.
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer.
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste.
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.