Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
I am sure you have heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? Many individuals have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. You will even find that people in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t even know why. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be sharing that with you here.
While everyone understands that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to make certain your body gets all the nutrition it needs, why are apples pushed so much? Well lets have a look at the vitamins and minerals that you could find in just one apple. When it comes to the particular minerals that tend to be in apples you will find, potassium, calcium and zinc just to mention a few. And you’ll also discover vitamins in your apples such as, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and various other trace vitamins.
And now you recognize why individuals tell you that you need to eat an apple every day. The advantages we covered are only a handful of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this write-up, but the information is out there. I hope that the the very next time you go to the food store you end up getting plenty of apples. It can truly help your health and wellbeing for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread recipe. To cook mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread you only need 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Provide Chicken Tortilla Soup & Garnishes
- Use 3 lb Shredded Chicken [rotisserie chicken preferred]
- Provide 2 (32 oz) Boxes Chicken Broth
- Get 1 1⁄2 cup Each: Celery With Leaves & White Onions
- Use 1 cup Fresh Carrots [chopped]
- Take 1 cup Fresh Cilantro
- Take 3 large Jalapeños [diced & de-seeded]
- You need 6 large Roasted Hatch Green Chili's Or 7 oz Can Diced Green Chil
- Take 1 large Tomato Or 10 oz Can Rotell Tomatoes
- Prepare 1 cup Corn
- Provide 1 tbsp Each: Ground Cumin - Onion Powder
- Get 1 1⁄2 tsp Lime Salt - Sea Salt Or Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- Get 1⁄3 tbsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper - Red Pepper Flakes - Cayenn
- Prepare 2 tbsp Minced Garlic Or 1 tablespoon Powdered Garlic
- Take 1 tsp Lime Juice [if not using lime salt]
- Provide 1 12" Flour Tortilla [cut into spoon sized bites - add in the la
- You need 1 Handful Mexican 3 Cheese [to tame & thicken]
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp Mexican Oregano
- Use 2 tbsp Of Your Favorite Salsa [optional-hot or mild. just for a
- Provide 1 GARNISHES / TOPPINGS: Colored Tortillas [deep fried] Mexican 3
- Use 1 White Onions - Green Onions - Cilantro - Jalapeños - Lime Wedg
Steps to make Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Always keep your chicken [or other bloody meats/seafoods] away from any of your kitchen items or foods. This will help prevent any cross contamination.
- Pre-cooked and hand shredded Rotisserie Chicken seems to work best in this dish for roasted flavor purposes. It's also much less work. Just shread it into spoon sized pieces and place in a larger pot.
- If using raw chicken or chicken breasts, trim the fat and wash your chicken then simply boil them in chicken broth or water until fully cooked before going any further.
- Again, if using chicken breasts, check for doneness by sticking a knife in the thickest part of your largest chicken breast after 25 - 30 minutes of boiling. Make certain all fluids run clear and not pink. If at all pink or red in color, boil until ALL fluids run clear.
- Place everything together [other than your bite sized Tortilla pieces and anything in the GARNISHMENTS / TOPPINGS section] in the same larger shreadded chicken pot and simmer for 1 hour at a minimum. Longer if at all possible.
- In the last 5 - 10 minutes of boiling [meaning your carrots are fully cooked] add your chopped, spoon sized Flour Tortillas to your pot. These will serve you well as both a soup thickener and a tummy filler.
- To serve, ladle soup in bowl and have your guests garnish their bowls with as many GARNISHMENTS / TOPPERS as they desire. These toppings are also essential to the meal since most will actually curb much of the Scoville heat, add fantastic contrasts and flavor and round your meal all together.
- Authors Note: You can purchase multi colored, pre-fried Tortilla strips in most chain stores. However, if you cannot, simply purchase multi colored flour Tortillas, cut into thin strips and deep fry in a high heat oil until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel or equivalent. Or, you have the option of serving whole, larger, pre-packaged chips.
- Serve this soup with this EASY Cheddar Green Chile Corn Bread. Use a basic box of Jiffy Brand Corn Bread and mix according to manufacturer's directions. Add to that 1⁄2 cup fine chopped Hatch Green Chilies or Jalapeños, 1 teaspoon Cumin and 1⁄2 cup Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle top with Cheddar as well. Bake as directed.
If you find this Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.