Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is literally very true. But at times the last thing you wish to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to visit the drive through while you’re on your way home and complete the day. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This can be done because lots of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus healthy now. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food spot.
Focus on the sides. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish selection at a restaurant. Now just about all of the popular fast food places have widened their menus. Now you can get a variety of salads. You could get chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. You can pick fruit. There are lots of healthy options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to build a meal out of side dishes. When you do this you may keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make beneficial choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else make your dinner. When you want healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's so simple potato and onion soup recipe. To cook sig's so simple potato and onion soup you only need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup:
- Use 450-500 grams potatoes
- Get 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil for boiling with potatoes
- Prepare 300 grams red onions, chopped roughly
- You need 1⁄4 tbsp olive oil for cooking onions
- Take 1⁄2 liter vegetable stock
- Use 1 pinch cumin seeds
- Provide 1 pinch each marjoram, cumin seed, tarragon, black pepper, basil, garlic powder
- Use 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- Prepare 100 grams tomato paste (puree)
Steps to make Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup:
- I use salad potaotoes for this soup as the keep their shape better. First peel the potatoes, wash and boil in a little salted water, add the olive oil for the potatoes, the water will be used as stock. When the potatoes are nearly cooked cut them into quarters and return to the water they where boiler in.
- In the meantime peel and rough chop the onions. Add a little oil for the onions to a pan and cook the onions until they just take on colour, do not over fry them
- Once the onions have taken on a little colour and glaze add them to the potatoes and boiling water. Gently stir them in.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and leave the soup to simmer for about 25 minutes
- Adjust your seasonings. Add more water if needed( the total amount of the potato boiling water and stockwater should be roughly about 1 litrer of liquid. The soup should have a fairly hot flavour
- This soup will slightly thicken during the cooking process, because of the onions, this is normal.
If you find this Sig's So simple Potato and Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.