Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is actually good advice. Now and then, though, you definitely do not want to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by remorse about slipping on your diet. You can do this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Go with the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your sole side dish choice at a restaurant. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their offerings. Now quite a few of them offer you salads. You can get chili. You can get baked potatoes. You could get fruit. There are so many selections that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When you order your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. This can help you keep the calorie count low and lessen your fat intake.
Logic states that that one the easiest way to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Often what you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pinoy-style onion soup recipe. You can have pinoy-style onion soup using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Get 3 each Large red onions
- Provide 1 tsp Sugar
- You need 1 pinch Salt
- Prepare 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- Take 1⁄2 stick Butter
- Get 2 tbsp Canned sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Prepare 1 liter Water
- Get 1 each Beef or chicken bouillon cube
- Prepare 4 each Medium-sized eggs
- You need 3 each Stale or day-old pan de sal
Steps to make Pinoy-style Onion Soup:
- Peel and rinse the onions. Slice in half and slice each half into crescents before cutting in half again.
- Heat your soup pan and melt the butter until slightly bubbly.
- Add in the onions and cook under low to medium heat, stirring occassionally until the onions are well-coated with butter.
- Add the sugar and salt and continue to cook under low heat until the onions turn a golden to dark brown. You may add the mushrooms and saute slightly at this point. - - IMPORTANT NOTE: Be patient if the caramelizing of the onion slices take a while. You do not want high heat and risk burning your onions. :)
- Add the water and bouillon cube. Alternatively, you can use beef or chicken stock if you have it available. - - *Note: Prepared store-bought stock is not readily available in the Philippines versus beef or chicken cubes, making this the usual option for Pinoy cooks. :)
- Keep at medium heat and boil for about 15-30 minutes, adding the ground pepper in and whatever additional spices you would like. The longer you boil, the more flavorful the soup will be.
- While the soup is simmering, slice your pan de sal (or bread of choice) horizontally into 1⁄4-inch thick slices. This will be your soup's "topping".
- Turn off the heat once soup is cooked down to desired flavor.
- To serve, crack a whole egg into your soup bowl and pour your hot soup over it. Top with your bread slices.
If you find this Pinoy-style Onion Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.