Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken tortilla soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken tortilla soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good With Regard To Your Health.
On TV and in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something which many people live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that people in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they do not even know why. In this article we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
I am sure you have heard of Cornell University, well these people did their own study on how apples will benefit a persons brain. This research showed that the ingredients in apples are able to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating with age. Which means that by eating apples you are able to decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
And now you understand why individuals tell you that you should eat an apple every day. The huge benefits we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can provide. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits with regard to your health in relation to apples. I really hope that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. You will notice that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can have chicken tortilla soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken tortilla soup:
- Get 1 small package of chicken thighs
- Get Half package of 16 oz rice (long grain) or rice of choice
- Get 1 can original rotel
- Take 1 package corn tortillas (cut into strips)
- Take 1 small white onion (dice)
- Provide oil
- Use Lawrys seasoning salt (for tortilla strips)
- Use lemon juice (for tortilla strips)
- You need 2 Tbsps cumin
- Get 1 tbsps garlic powder
- Use salt and pepper to your liking
- Prepare 2 Tbsps butter
- Provide toppings optional: avocado slices and/or shredded cheese
- Provide 2 cans small tomato sauce
Steps to make Chicken tortilla soup:
- In a big pot add butter and diced onion letting them turn translucent. Add rice and let it brow. Once you see the rice turn light brown add 3 quarts of water, cumin, garlic, rotel, tomato sauce, salt and pepper (always taste and add more seasoning as needed)
- While the rice is cooking. In another pot add chicken thighs salt and pepper. Do not throw chicken broth away. Once chicken is cooked cut into small pieces and add both chicken and its broth into big pot. Cooking for another 10 min
- Cut tortillas into strips then fry in a medium size pan. Once fried put in a bowel with a paper towel. Sprinkle lawrys seasoning and lemon juice on the strips.
- It's all done. Serve in bowels and top with tortilla strips. You can also top soup with shredded cheese or avocados.
- Remember you can always use brown rice and chicken breast. I just like chicken thighs better. I have also added black beans before.
If you find this Chicken tortilla soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.