Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually excellent guidance. Sometimes, though, the last thing you want is to have to prepare an evening meal from scratch. Sometimes all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by guilt about slipping on your diet. This can be done because plenty of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus healthier now. Here is the way to eat healthy and balanced when you reach the drive through.
Focus on the sides. Not so long ago, the only side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now most of the fast food choices have been widened quite a bit. There are plenty of salads out there now. You might get chili. You could possibly get baked potatoes. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are many wholesome options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. When you buy your meal through a drive through window, opt for side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you do this you are able to keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Fundamental sense states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make beneficial choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Once in a while, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea ham soup recipe. You can have split pea ham soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Use In Dutch Oven
- Use 1 tbsp olive oil
- Provide 1 tbsp butter
- Use 1 cup chopped onion
- Prepare 1 cup chopped celery
- You need 1 cup chopped carrots
- You need 2 clove chopped garlic
- Take 2 cup dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup)
- Take 2 1⁄2 tsp Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt)
- Prepare 8 cup chicken broth
- Prepare 1 dried bayleaf
- You need 1 lb smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking
Instructions to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent.
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta
- Add smoked kielbasa
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1⁄2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender)
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose.
If you find this Split Pea Ham Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.