Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly very good advice. But at times the last thing you wish to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet? This is because many of the famous fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food place.
Concentrate on the sides. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your only side dish option at a restaurant. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have enhanced their choices. Now you may get several different salads. Chili is definitely a different selection. You may purchase a baked potato. You can choose fruit. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t include eating anything deep fried. When choosing your dinner from the drive through, pick out a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. When you do this you can keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Occasionally, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. If you ultimately choose healthy things, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe. To cook creamy mushroom and wild rice soup you need 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup:
- Get sliced baby bella mushrooms
- Prepare shredded carrots
- Prepare onion, diced
- Get stalks celery, diced
- Get minced garlic
- Take olive oil
- Get butter, divided
- Use flour
- Get vegetable stock
- Provide wild rice
- Use salt
- You need fresh ground black pepper
- Get 12 ounces - evaporated milk
Instructions to make Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup:
- Place olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in large stock pot over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion, carrots, and garlic. Saute 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove and reserve veggies and any juices from stock pot and turn heat down to medium.
- Make roux: add remaining 2 tablespoons butter. When melted, whisk in flour. Cook and whisk over medium until golden and nutty smelling, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm 3 cups stock, either in microwave or in a saucepan.
- Slowly whisk hot stock into roux, about 1⁄2 cup at a time, until smooth and bubbly.
- When roux and warmed stock are incorporated, add rice, remaining stock, reserved veggies and their juices, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer until rice is done, about one hour.
- Add evaporated milk and heat through but do not boil.
If you find this Creamy mushroom and wild rice soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.