Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
I am certain you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? You might know men and women that live by this and also require that their children live by this guideline as well. This thought is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. You will be pleased to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
More than likely you’ve heard of Cornell University, well they did their own study on how apples will benefit a persons brain. This research showed that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we grow older. And naturally thanks to this component in apples, they’re able to actually reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. In the event you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples when you go to the store. You will see that your overall health may significantly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easy pumpkin, leek and potato soup recipe. You can have easy pumpkin, leek and potato soup using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup:
- Use 2 kg Pumpkin
- Take 2 medium potatoes
- Prepare 3 clove garlic
- Prepare 1 leek
- Provide 1 1⁄2 liter vegetable stock
- You need 300 ml cooking cream
- Prepare 5 grams fresh chives
- Take 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
Steps to make Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup:
- peel and dice the pumpkin into about 2cm chunks. you should end up with about 1.25 to 1.5kg of diced pumpkin
- wash and slice the leek
- peel and dice the potatoes into similar size chunks as the pumpkin
- peel the 3 cloves of garlic but leave them whole.
- in a large pot or saucepan add the vegetable stock. you can either use ready made stock or 1.5lt of boiling water with the appropriate quantity of stock cubes.
- add the pumpkin, potato, leek, salt, pepper and garlic into the pot with the stock and allow to simmer until all ingredients cooked through and soft. remember to keep stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- while the vegetables are cooking, finely chopped the chives and add half into the pan with the vegetables to allow to cook with them. keep the other half for garnish.
- once the vegetables are cooked use either a stick blender to blend into a liquid or use a blender then transfer back into the pot.
- turn the heat down to low and stir in the cooking cream until mixed through.
- ready to serve. you can use prewarmed bowls if you like and garnish each serving with a little of the remaining chives. always nice to serve with some toasted bread chunks.
If you find this Easy Pumpkin, leek and potato soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.