Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Some Simple Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
I am sure you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? This is something which many men and women live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also follow this simple rule and they don’t know why. In this post we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
While everyone understands that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to make sure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, why are apples pushed so much? The first thing you should know is that apples have got more vitamins and minerals than some other fruits.. Apples have, manganese, phosphorus and calcium and all are generally beneficial to your health, but there are also many more healthy minerals in apples. And you’ll also discover vitamins in your apples such as, vitamin A, B1, B2, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, B6, C, E, K and some other trace vitamins.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you know why. The advantages we covered are just a few of the benefits that eating apples can offer. If you look and ask around, you’ll come to see that the benefits can appear limitless. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to purchase quite a few apples, their in the produce section. You will see that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by eating apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Take 1 1⁄2 lb Chicken breast
- Take 1 Chicken bouillon ( as needed )
- Use 1 1⁄2 gallon Water
- You need 1 each Salsa casera ( I use Herdez 16 oz )
- Get 4 each Serrano peppers ( or any pepper )
- Take 3 tsp Minced garlic ( I use the one in a can )
- Use 1 as needed Cooking oil
- You need 2 each Avocados
- Get 10 as needed Corn tortillas
- Use 1 bunch Cilantro
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Begin by cutting the peppers into very small pieces. I usually accomplish this by cutting the pepper in half then slicing longwise then cutting across into small pieces. Heat some oil in the pot and sauté the garlic and peppers at a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add water to the pot and bring to a boil. Rinse chicken and add to the pot along with the chicken bouillon. Add as desired. I personally use a good amount, about 1⁄2 a cup for 1.5 gallons of water.
- Simmer the pot contents on med low heat for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from pot. Once the chicken is cool, shred the chicken then add back into the pot.
- Meanwhile, open the salsa container and pour into the blender. Blend well for approximately one minute. Use strainer to trap the large pieces of salsa.
- In a separate pot, heat up oil and begin deep frying the tortillas. About 30 seconds on each side on medium high heat or until golden brown. Place cooked tortillas on a paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Cut up cooked tortillas into bite size pieces. Pour soup into a bowl and add tortillas. Garnish with cilantro and avocado, enjoy!
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.