Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy and balanced Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about restoring your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is literally very true. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be tormented by remorse about slipping on your diet. You can do this because lots of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Go with the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get in a fast food restaurant was French Fries. Now virtually all of the well-known fast food places have widened their menus. There are lots of salads around today. Chili can be a different option. You might get baked potatoes. Fruit is generally obtainable. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t require eating anything deep fried. When deciding on your dinner from the drive through, select a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. You’ll keep your calorie and fatty food count lower and save yourself commitment.
Basic reason states that the simplest way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, for the most part, this is a good strategy, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you choose healthy products, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook chicken tortilla soup using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Use 2 cup Shredded Chicken
- You need 2 quart Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- You need 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- Use 15 oz Black Beans
- Get 15 oz Corn
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup Chopped Onions
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup Diced Celery
- Take 2 clove Minced Garlic
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Get 1⁄2 cup Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- You need 1⁄4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Get 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- Take 1⁄2 cup Chopped Carrots
- Get 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- You need 2 tbsp Butter
- You need Toppings
- Use 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- You need 5 Corn Tortillas
- Take 1 Sour Cream
- Provide 2 Avocados
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Preheat your soup pot on medium high. Add butter. Melt it down, and add the carrots, celery and onion. Stir down for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cilantro. Stir another minute.
- Add diced cooked chicken and spices. Stir another minute, coating the chicken with the spices.
- Add tomato sauce. Let thicken for a couple minutes, then add the broth or stock. Bring back to a rapid boil, then set heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, fry tortilla strips at 375°F for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Shred the cheese and slice the avocado.
- After 30 minutes, check the soup. Add up to 1 teaspoon of salt, to your taste.
- Garnish with tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and avocado wedges.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.