Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French onion soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French onion soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really good information. Sometimes, though, the last thing you choose is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Sometimes you just want to hit the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are able to do this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food restaurant.
Aim for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get in a fast food diner was French Fries. Now many of the fast food selections have been widened a great deal. Now you may get a range of salads. Chili is definitely another selection. You may get a baked potato. You can make fruit. There are a lot of possibilities that don’t require eating one thing deep fried. When you order your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. You’ll maintain your calorie and fatty food count lower and save yourself dedication.
Simple logic states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let another person create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel bad about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup recipe. You can have french onion soup using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare French onion soup:
- Take 4 onions
- Prepare 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Get 1 tbsp olive oil
- Get 4 oz sherry wine
- Use 1 gallon chicken and or beef stock
- Prepare 1 loaf Italian bread
- Get 2 cup mozzarella
- You need 1 1⁄2 tsp browning sauce (gravy master)
- Get 1 salt, pepper ,onion and garlic powder to taste
Steps to make French onion soup:
- thinly slice onions
- heat oil in a large sauce pot
- Carmelize onion on medium high heat until dark brown.*this should take about 10 minutes
- add minced garlic and cook for another 2 minutes
- add the sherry wine slowly and reduce for 2 minutes
- add the stock and bring to a boil
- add the browning sauce
- reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 min
- season with salt ,pepper, onion and garlic powder to taste
- meanwhile slice the loaf of bread and toast
- when the soup is done serve in a bowl with a slice of bread with the cheese over the top and melted in the oven
- if you like your soup with a little more body make a corn starch slurry and add about 5 minutes before done
If you find this French onion soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.