Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. Once in a while, though, you definitely do not want to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There is zero reason you shouldn’t be able to do that once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Choose your drive through based on whether it has better options available. Arby’s as an example, is void of burgers. Instead, the options consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, but the menu there has a bundle of wholesome choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not all fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to drop the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make good choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Every now and then, letting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lite chicken tortilla soup recipe. You can cook lite chicken tortilla soup using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Get 1 Rotisserie Chicken shredded… I discarded the skin
- Take 28 oz crushed tomatoes (1 large can)
- Provide 2 10 ounce cans of enchilada sauce
- Provide 2 medium onions chopped or 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Provide 8 oz chopped green chilies
- Use 2 cloves minced garlic
- Prepare 2 14.5 ounce cans of chicken broth
- You need 2 tsp ground cumin
- Take 2 tsp chili powder
- Prepare 2 tsp salt
- Get 1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
- Provide 2 bay leaves
- Provide 20 oz frozen corn
- Get 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Prepare 1 Optional Garnishes- avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, lime, and tortilla chips (broken into pieces)
Steps to make Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Cool on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours.
- Taste soup about an hour before done and if it tastes too strong add water and continue cooking.
- Garnish as desired.
If you find this Lite Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.