Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about losing weight and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is certainly good information. Now and then, though, you definitely do not wish to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes just about all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be suffering from guilt about slipping on your diet. You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how you’ll be able to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food restaurant.
Select water, juice or maybe milk as a beverage. Choosing a huge softdrink as your beverage gives hundreds of unhealthy calories to your meal. One serving of soda is eight oz.. Those eight ounces usually are at least 100 calories and around ten tablespoons of sugar. Most fast food soft drink sizes start out at twenty ounces. It is frequently at least 30 ounces. This implies that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice as well as milk, on the other hand, are better choices.
Fundamental logic states that the best way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet entirely. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through now and then. Sometimes what you need is to let other people make your dinner. When you want healthy menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to use-up vegetable soup recipe. To cook use-up vegetable soup you only need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Use-up Vegetable Soup:
- You need 1 tbsp cold-pressed vegetable oil
- Take 2 onions, chopped
- Provide 1 deseeded red pepper, chopped
- Prepare 1 red chili, with seeds, chopped
- Take 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- You need 3 sticks celery, chopped
- Prepare 2 courgettes, in small chunks
- Get 1 sweet potato, peeled & chopped
- Use 1 carrot, chopped small
- Provide 1 kg tomatoes, chopped with cores removed
- Provide 2 tsp sugar
- Take 2 litres vegetable stock (I use either Knorr stock pots or “Marigold” powder.)
- Take 1 tsp oregano
- Use 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Use 1 tsp dried thyme
- You need 3 bay leaves
- Provide Salt (I always use Maldon sea salt coz it’s local but normal salt is fine.)
- Use Ground black pepper
- You need Coriander to garnish (optional - I didn’t on this occasion)
Steps to make Use-up Vegetable Soup:
- Bring the oil to a medium-heat in a stock pot or large saucepan with a strong base.
- Fry the onions for 4 minutes, stirring only to avoid sticking.
- Add the pepper, garlic, chili and celery and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring gently. Add the courgettes and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sweet potato and fry for a further 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the carrot and then add the tomatoes, stirring gently but thoroughly. After 2-3 minutes stir in the sugar.
- Then add the stock. Stir all thoroughly and add in the oregano, smoked paprika, thyme and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally and then reduce to a fast simmer and cook for about 30 minutes or until all the vegetables are cooked. Remove the bay leaves and season to taste.
- Whizz in a blender to your desired consistency and serve piping hot.
- Garnish with chopped coriander if wished.
If you find this Use-up Vegetable Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.