Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Precisely Why Are Apples So Fantastic For Your Health.
On TV plus in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many people live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. You will even find that individuals in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they don’t know why. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be revealing that with you here.
Now the question turns into, precisely why are these kinds of vitamins and minerals so important? Well first off there have been a lot of studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the chance of various cancers. A few of the cancers that apples will help prevent are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. That fact alone ought to be enough to make sure people are eating at least one apple a day.
And now you understand why people tell you that you ought to eat an apple every day. The huge benefits we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. If you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem limitless. I hope that the the very next time you go to the grocery store you wind up getting plenty of apples. These apples could end up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker southwestern chicken soup recipe. You can cook slow cooker southwestern chicken soup using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Use 3 pounds bone-in chicken pieces (I like dark meat - more flavor. :) )
- You need 6 cups water
- You need 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- You need 6 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- You need 2 medium carrots, cut into 1⁄2-inch thick pieces (I like to cut them big for slow cooking so they don't disintegrate and still retain some texture)
- Provide 1 medium bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (I happened to use the Hatch chilies I roasted the other day, but they're seasonal and sometimes hard to come by even when they're in season)
- Prepare 1 large stem celery, cut into 1⁄2-inch pieces
- Prepare 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained (optional - I don't always care for beans in this soup - but add a 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt to the recipe if you add the beans)
- Use 1⁄2 a 15 oz. can of corn (or 1 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels)
- Get 1⁄2 a 15 oz. can of tomatoes
- Prepare 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cumin
- Take 1-2 teaspoons dried oregano
- You need 2 bay leaves
- Get 3-3.5 teaspoons kosher salt to start
- Get 1-1.5 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- Use 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional for the cilantro haters, of course)
- Provide 1 teaspoon fish sauce (optional, but recommended)
- Provide optional garnish: fried tortilla chips or strips, chopped fresh chilies, onions, cilantro, avocado, and lime wedges
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup:
- Dump all but garnish ingredients into your slow cooker and give it a few good stirs.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 5 to 7, depending on how hot your slow cooker gets.
- It's always nice if you can give the soup a few gentle stirs throughout the cooking process, but if you can't manage that because you're out of the house, then you can give it a stir and adjust the seasoning as necessary as soon as you get home. This will give the soup some time to more evenly and thoroughly absorb flavor before you sit down to enjoy it.
- I like it with a little steamed rice, some chopped onions and cilantro on top, a good extra squeeze of lime, and a few lashings of Tapatío. :) - - Enjoy!
If you find this Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.