Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
On TV and in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, having said that, have you ever asked yourself why? Many people have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. You will even find that people in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not even know why. In this article we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
Now the question is, precisely why are these kinds of vitamins and minerals essential? You may or may not be aware that apples may actually reduce risks of a variety of cancers, and that is because of all the things in apples. And on the particular list of cancers in which apples can help defend against is colon cancer and even lung cancer. Just that one element should really be enough reason for every person to start eating apples.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so healthy for you. Something you should understand is that we only mentioned some of the benefits of eating apples. It is possible to discover many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you wind up getting plenty of apples. You will notice that your overall health may greatly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup recipe. To make potato soup you need 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato Soup:
- Provide 2 strips lean bacon, chopped
- Get 1 cup finely sliced leeks or onion or 8 large green onions with tops, finely sliced
- Take 2 clove garlic, minced
- Use 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Use 1 3⁄4 cup lower-sodium chicken broth
- Provide 1⁄2 tsp salt
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp white or black pepper
- Get 2 cup low-fat(1%)milk
- Get 3 tbsp all-purpose flour or potato flakes
- Provide 1 tsp dried basil leaves
Instructions to make Potato Soup:
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Add leeks and garlic to reserved drippings and cook until tender. Add potatoes, broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Using a fork, slightly mash the potatoes against the side of the saucepan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, wisk together the milk, flour or potato flakes, and basil; stir into potato mixture. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to thicken. Cook and stir 2 minutes more or until thickened. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with bacon. Serve with corn bread. Makes 6 side-dish servings.
If you find this Potato Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.