Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Spicy Turkey Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Turkey Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Turkey Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very true. But at times the last thing you would like to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to go to the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by remorse about slipping on your diet. You can do this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu selections to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully when you are at a fast food spot.
Visit a drive through at a place which has made it a practice to supply healthier options to people. Arby’s for example, does not serve burgers. You could have roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as an alternative. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, even so the menu there has a considerable amount of wholesome choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Most fast food eating places will not stoop to the poor lows seen at McDonalds.
Simple sense states that the simplest way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. While, for the most part, this is a good plan, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need is to let another person make your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy turkey soup recipe. To cook spicy turkey soup you need 21 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Turkey Soup:
- Use 2 turkey quarters (leg and thigh)
- You need 1 large yellow onion; large dice
- Provide 2 stalks celery; rough chop
- Use 1⁄2 lb baby carrots
- Get 1 bundle cilantro stems
- Use 1 bay leaf
- Use 1 red jalapeño; roughly chopped
- Provide 2 T butter
- Take 1⁄2 t + 1⁄2 tsp thyme; minced
- Get 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Use 1 head garlic
- Get 2 T ground coriander
- Use 2 t dried lemon peel seasoning
- Use 8 roma tomatoes; halved and seeded
- You need as needed olive oil / vegetable oil
- Get 6 roasted red jalapeños; large dice
- You need 2 C rice
- You need as needed kosher salt and black pepper
- Take 12 oz goat cheese
- Provide 3 avocados
- You need 6 T honey
Steps to make Spicy Turkey Soup:
- Rinse turkey under cold water.
- Cover turkey, onion, celery, carrots, cilantro stems, bay leaf, and 1 roughly chopped red jalapeño (not roasted) in a large stock pot. Cover with cold water. Simmer for two hours.
- Remove turkey from pot and place in a large mixing bowl. Shred.
- Drain stock. Reserve liquid.
- Add 2 T butter to a large stock pot. Add onions, 1 t of thyme, dried spices, and a pinch of salt. Caramelize very slowly. When fat begins to dissipate, add a ladle or two of stock.
- When onions are nearly caramelized add bouillon cube. Stir to dissolve.
- Cover tomatoes with enough oil to coat. Add salt, pepper, and thyme. Roast at 425°F until tomatoes are charred. Remove skins and chop roughly. Set aside.
- Cut a tiny bit of the top of the garlic head to reveal cloves, keeping root end intact. Cover with olive oil. Add a tiny pinch of salt. Roast at 425°F until cloves are caramelized, approximately 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Add stock, rice, and turkey to stockpot. Cover and summer for 15-20 minutes, until rice is cooked. Add roasted jalapeños and squeeze garlic head to remove roasted cloves into soup.
- In each serving bowl, place 1 roasted tomato, 2 oz honey goat cheese, 1⁄2 diced avocado, and 1 T honey. Ladle soup over veggies. Garnish with a few gost cheese crumbles.
- Variations; Coconut milk, basil, parsely, poblano, habanero, celery seed or root, turnips, butternut squash, sweet potato, spinach, tamarind, shallots, roasted garlic or bell peppers, vinegar, corn, sofrito, salsa, zucchini, corona, modelo, scallions, cumin, cream cheese, creme fraiche, sour cream, crema, heavy cream, chihuahua, queso fresco, cotija, lime, crushed pepper flakes, chives, cayenne, potato, arugula, peppadew,
If you find this Spicy Turkey Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.