Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Simple Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
Everyone has heard the words “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this genuinely a true statement. You may know people that live by this and also request that their children live by this principle as well. This particular thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have discovered why you are told to eat an apple a day and we will be discussing that with you here.
Your heart is another thing which can be helped by consuming apples. I am sure you know that apples contain fiber, and that, as well as some of the various other ingredients of apples can promote heart health. These ingredients will even help to decrease your cholesterol, which is also beneficial to promoting heart health. The skin of the apple is where a lot of the healthy vitamins and minerals can be found in an apple. If you happen to be one of the individuals who skin their apple before feeding on it, you may want to change that habit so that you are receiving all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you know why. In the following paragraphs we just covered some of the benefits of eating an apple a day. You’ll be able to locate many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the next time you go to supermarkets. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and also healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato soup (yummy - w/low fat options) recipe. To cook potato soup (yummy - w/low fat options) you only need 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options):
- Use Chunky Soups
- Take small red potatoes, cubed small
- Provide onion, diced
- Prepare celery stalks, diced
- Take water
- Get Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- You need salt - or more to taste
- Get of celery salt
- You need cajun seasoning
- Provide of rosemary
- Prepare ground red and black pepper - to taste
- Get milk
- Get all-purpose flour
- Provide chopped parsley
- Use bacon, diced
- Prepare cheese, shredded
- Prepare corn tortilla chips, crumbled
Steps to make Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options):
- In a large stock pot, cook bacon until crisp. (Bacon is used as a garnish)
- Remove bacon and remove and discard half of the fat from the pot. Add onions and celery to pot (with remaining bacon fat) and saute for 2 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, AFTER BACON IS COOKED, DISCARD ALL FAT AND SAUTE USING OLIVE OIL.
- Add potatoes to the pot (I like to keep the skin on). Cook for 5 mins.
- Add seasoning
- Add water
- Add Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (or your favorite condensed creamy soup). Stir and cook until potatoes begin to soften, about 8 - 10 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE 98%FAT FREE CAMPBELL'S CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP.
- In a separate bowl, mix milk and flour until smooth. Add milk mixture (slowly while stirring) into pot. Cook for 5 mins. - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, USE NON-FAT MILK.
- Remove half of the ingredients from the pot, and blend in a blender untill smooth. Return the blended ingredients to the pot and mix with the chunky ingredients (this keeps texture in your soup).
- Add parsley. Simmer, stir, and taste. YUM!
- When serving, garnish with cheese, bacon, and/or tortilla chips (optional but adds more texture, crunch, and flavor). - FOR A LOWER FAT VERSION, OMIT BACON OR SUBTITUTE WITH TURKEY BACON, OMIT CHEESE, AND USE FAT FREE TORTILLA CHIPS.
If you find this Potato Soup (Yummy - w/Low Fat Options) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.