Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some benefit to that. But sometimes the last thing you would like to do is put together a whole meal for yourself and your family. Sometimes almost all you desperately want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This can be done because plenty of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Select a drive through for a restaurant that’s known for catering to people with healthier palates. Arby’s for example, is void of burgers. You can have roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as an alternative. Wendy’s, while no stranger to the hamburger, additionally includes plenty of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Most fast food eating places usually do not stoop to the harmful lows seen at McDonalds.
Logic says that one of the best ways to stay healthy and balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While, usually, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you require most is just to have another person do the cooking. If you choose healthy items, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook chicken tortilla soup you need 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- You need 1 medium pre-roasted chicken
- Get 6 tbsp cooking oil
- Prepare 8 corn tortillas, halved and cut into strips
- Prepare 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Take 4 clove garlic, chopped
- Take 4 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- Prepare 32 oz chicken broth (low sodium)
- Prepare 12 oz crushed tomatoes
- Use 12 oz corn, frozen or fresh
- Get 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Use 1 can black beans, washed and strained
- You need 2 medium fresh ripe tomatoes, diced
- Use 2 bay leaf
- Get 1 tbsp paprika
- Take 1 tsp chili powder
- Use 2 tsp ground cumin
- Prepare 1 tsp ground coriander
- Take 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Get 1 avocado, diced
- Prepare 1 lime wedges
- Get 6 oz queso panela, crumbled
Steps to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Pull apart the pre-roasted chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside. I like to do this first because it gets a bit messy. Prep all the ingredients before you start cooking. Reserve a handful of chopped onion and hand full of chopped cilantro for garnishing the top of the soup.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium high heat. I like to use coconut oil but you can use whatever you like. Add half the tortilla strips and cook, continuously stirring, until golden (about 1 minute). Remove the cooked strips with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel. Repeat with the remaining half of the tortilla strips.
- Using the same pot, reduce the heat to medium. Add the chopped onion, chopped garlic cloves, chopped chipotles, and spices to the oil. Cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, and chicken. Add the salt. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add the cilantro, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Return to a simmer for 10 more minutes. Taste the soup, you may want to add more salt. Remember you can always add to the recipe, but oversalted food is just gross. Before you serve, remove the bay leaves.
- To serve, put tortilla strips in a bowl, and pour in the soup. Sprinkle crumbled queso panela, cilantro, diced avocado, and chopped onion on top, and serve with lime wedges.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.