Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Texas Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Texas Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthful Fast Food.
Almost every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is actually very good guidance. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Once in a while you only want to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and finish the day. There is zero reason that you simply shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots are attempting to make their menus healthier now. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water are the best options for beverages. Choosing a big soft drink as your beverage gives hundreds of harmful calories to your meal. A solitary serving of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. That portion could contain lots of spoonfuls of sugar as well as at least a hundred calories. Most fast food soft drink sizes begin at twenty ounces. Usually, however, they’re 30 ounces. This is the reason why just ordering a soft drink will add cupfulls of sugar and thousands of empty calories to your diet regime. Water, fruit juice as well as milk, conversely, are better choices.
Common logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good strategy, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the thing you need is to let someone else create your dinner. If you decide on healthy items, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to texas tortilla soup recipe. You can have texas tortilla soup using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Texas Tortilla Soup:
- Get The soup itself
- Provide Little oil
- Prepare 8 cloves garlic
- Prepare 1 medium brown onion
- Provide 1 half tube or a smaller pack tomatoe puree
- You need 2 jalapeños, cut into pieces
- You need Dried chili flakes
- Prepare 1 ish tbsp ground cumin
- Provide 1 tbsp coriander (ground or dried)
- You need Half tbsp ground chili
- Take 1 bay leaf
- Take 1 liter chicken stock
- Provide Cayenne pepper
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Prepare The "toppings"
- Take 4 (tortilla) wraps
- Get 200 g chicken breast + some spice u like
- Prepare 1 avocado, small diced, add some lime juice to cover
- Prepare Grated cheddar cheese
- Use 1 little sweetcorn
- You need Half bell pepper, small diced
- Provide Half red onion, small diced
- You need 1 bit of creme fraiche
- Get Fresh flat parsley or coriander for decoration
Instructions to make Texas Tortilla Soup:
- Prep the chicken breast: Cut the breast into like thinner (1cm) slices and coat it with some cayenne pepper, salt or I've used a cajun spice and salt. Bake it in a pan on high heat to get some brownish color on both sides, make sure it cooked through. Finally, let it cool down meanwhile you can start the soup itself (later on cut the slices into pieces) this will be one topping unless you want veggie version.
- For the soup base dice the brown onion and press or dice all the garlic. 8 cloves seems a lot but its not going to dominate the flavour so it's alright.
- Put some oil on a medium heat and start cooking the onion and the garlic for a few minutes.
- I've de-seeded the jalapeños but it's up to you, just needs to be in pieces
- So after like 2 min when the onion got a little bit transparent, add the tomatoe puree, cumin, coriander, some salt, jalapeños, all the chilies, cayenne pepper and black pepper. It's going to be a quite thick paste, just cook it for further 4-5 minutes.
- Add half liter stock to it and cook it for another 10 minutes and then using a hand blender blend it together to be as smooth as possible.
- Finally add the other half of the stock to it and the bay leaf, boil a little bit more and the soup base is done.
- You can use a sieve to make it even smoother if you like.
- Cut the wraps into triangles and using a frying pan on a bit of oil bake them to be crispy and a bit brown. Be careful with the heat as it can burn quickly.
- Cut up all the topping ingredients meanwhile you cook the soup or after that.
- And finally your guests of family members can make their own topped version at the table. Start with the soup, not much needed (2,5 dl per person) as the garnishes will add some volume. And add chicken, avocado, corn, pepper, red onions, cheese and a bit of creme fraiche if you fancy and decorate it with a bit of parsley or coriander. You can also change the order how ever you like.
- Just an end note: you can set the hottnes and spiciness with adjusting the amount of chili you add. If u like it milder then use less. ;)
If you find this Texas Tortilla Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.