Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are A Few Basic Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV and in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? Many individuals have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This specific thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. In this article we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
According to another study, apples can also have good results on your brain. These studies showed that the ingredients in apples have the capacity to help keep your brain cells from deteriorating as we grow older. Meaning that by eating apples it is possible to decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. In this article we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. If you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. I really hope that the the very next time you go to the food store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. These apples could wind up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's mixed onion and tomato soup recipe. To cook sig's mixed onion and tomato soup you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup:
- Use 3 small to medium white onions
- Use 3 small to medium red onions
- You need 3 large shallots
- Take 6 small salad potatoes in their skins
- Use 1⁄2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Use 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil
- Take 1⁄2 tsp all purpose seasoning or to liking
- Take 2 tsp German mild mustard or 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Use 1 pinch herbs each like parsley, coriander, dill, chervil or others to personal preference ( optional)
- Take 1 liter vegetable stock or a little less or more depending on preference
- Use 125 ml passata (Italian style tomato juice)
- Provide 2 tbsp of best tomato puree
- You need 250 grams marinated tofu or 2 German style sausages (bratwurst)very thinly sliced, or little, mini sausage meatballs
- Provide 1 pinch Chili flakes
- Use 1 pinch salt (optional)
- You need 1 pinch chives for garnish
- Prepare 6 tbsp fresh cream or double cream for garnish ( optional)
Steps to make Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup:
- First peel all the onions and wash the potatoes
- Mince the onions in a blender or hand chop them very finely, chop your unpeeled potatoes into very small cubes
- Sauté the onions and the potatoes for about ten minutes or so in the butter and olive oil , add all the seasonings and half of the stock, simmer for about 15 minutes , make sure that it not burns .add a little more stock if needed.
- Next puree the soup until it is smoother , add as little or as much of the rest of the stock until preferred thickness is achieved. Puree again until it is smooth as you like it
- Add the passata, tomato puree and chilli flakes , season with salt if needed.
- Sauté the tofu or fry the sausages or little mini sausage meatballs in a little oil. If using the sausages slice them very thinly , sprinkle any of them over the soup just before serving. Add some chives for garnish .
If you find this Sig's Mixed Onion and Tomato Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.