Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Scain's French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scain's French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines everybody is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? This is something that many people live by and they also make sure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This idea is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. In the following paragraphs we are going to be taking a look at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
According to another study, apples also can have great results on your brain. While doing their study they found that, quercetin, which is found in apples assists in maintaining healthy brain cells. Meaning by eating apples you can decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that explained why apples are so good for you. One thing you should understand is that we only mentioned a portion of the benefits of eating apples. Every one of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this post, but the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the next time you go to the store. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to scain's french onion soup recipe. You can have scain's french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- Provide 4 yellow onions, sliced thin
- Take 3 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare 1 stick butter
- Use 1⁄3 cup red wine
- Take 6 cups beef broth
- You need 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Provide 1 bay leaf
- Get 2 tsp Basil
- Provide 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Use French bread
- Prepare garlic powder
- Use Swiss cheese
Steps to make Scain's French Onion Soup:
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, add olive oil
- Add onions and stir. Stir every few min for 20 min.
- Add butter. Turn heat to medium high, continuing to stir every few min. For another 20 min
- Add a good pinch of salt, then add red wine to deglaze the pan, turn heat down to medium low.
- Toss in garlic, bay leaf, basil, worceshire and then beef broth. Stir well.
- Once almost boiling, turn heat to low, cover and simmer 30 min
- Turn oven on to 350, slice French bread about 1 inch thick. Brush with a bit of olive oil and top with garlic powder
- Pop in the oven 10 minutes, then top with a slice of cheese. Back in the oven on broil for 5 min.
- Ladle soup into bowls, top with bread covered in cheese.
- BAM! Better than any restaurant. I think ;)
If you find this Scain's French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.