Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Could Certainly Have Enormous Benefits To Improve Your Health.
On TV as well as in magazines everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, even so, have you ever asked yourself why? Many men and women have lived with this school of thought for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. This idea is known all over the world and people just take it as fact without knowing if this is really true. You will be delighted to know that we have done a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
Cornell University had a study on the effect apples have on the brain. They learned that one of the components in apples called quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. Not to mention thanks to this element in apples, they’re able to actually reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day really can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. One thing you should recognize is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. Every one of the benefits would take us too much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the very next time you go to the store. These apples can end up helping you to live a longer as well as healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons recipe. To cook french onion soup with parmesan/cheddar croutons you only need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Prepare 4 large Yellow onions, finely sliced
- You need 4 Red onions, finely sliced
- Provide 1 Leek, finely sliced and washed
- Prepare 5 clove Garlic, minced
- Use 40 grams Butter
- Take 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Get 1 Dried bay leaf
- Get 1 bouquet garni of parsley, thyme and oregano
- Get 1 3⁄4 Litre, good quality chicken stock
- Get 1 cup Red wine
- Provide 1 Splash of cider vinegar
- Use 1 Grated cheddar & Parmesan to serve
- Provide 1 Salt and pepper to taste
- Use 1 French stick, sliced thickly diagonally
- Use 1 Grated cheddar and Parmesan
Steps to make French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons:
- Slice all onions and leeks.
- Heat a large heavy base melt butter and add olive oil- high heat. Add onions and leek. You want to sweat down onions slowly for around and hour. Stir occasionally, and return lid so that it 3⁄4 covers pot- allowing steam to escape.
- You will have to turn temp down whilst cooking onions, you don't want to burn or over do them. - Meanwhile, gather herbs and tie together with string to make bouquet garni.
- Deglaze pot with wine and vinegar. Add stock and herbs. Bring to the boil- reduce heat and simmer for a further 1⁄2 hour. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Now to get croutons ready. Heat oven to 160*C. Slice French stick. Grate cheddar and Parmesan over bread. Grate extra cheese to add to soup.
- Bake until golden brown an cheese has melted. Remove and set aside.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a sprinkle of cheese and top with croutons. - Yum!
If you find this French Onion Soup with Parmesan/Cheddar Croutons recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.