Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to that. From time to time, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook meals from scratch. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be capable of do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because most well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Choose a drive through for a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthier palates. For instance, Arby’s doesn’t serve hamburgers. Instead, your choices consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has served hamburgers for decades, they also have plenty of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Most fast food dining places usually do not stoop to the unhealthy lows seen at McDonalds.
Simple sense states that the best way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. While, in most cases, this is a good idea, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes the best thing is to let someone else make your dinner. If you decide on healthy items, the guilt usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican lime soup with chicken recipe. To cook mexican lime soup with chicken you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken:
- Take 2-3 limes
- Take 2-3 bone-in chicken breast halves or chicken legs with back attached
- Use 1 tsp. Salt
- Get 1⁄2 tsp. tground pepper
- Provide 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Use 1 large white onion, chopped
- Provide 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Prepare 8 oz. diced green chiles (optional)
- Get 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- Get 4 cups water
- Take 1 1⁄2 tsp. Ground cumin
- Prepare 1 avocado, peeled (sliced or chopped)
- Take Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Instructions to make Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken:
- Cut one lime into 4 - 6 wedges and set aside for serving. Juice 1 - 2 limes to make 1⁄4 cup. (One big lime may be enough.)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large soup pot, sauté the onion until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and diced chilies and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the chicken, broth, water, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper to the onion mixture.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover partially and simmer until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle, about 40 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred or cut into pieces. Gently stir the chicken back into the soup.
- Serve topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese, avocado, and additional limes.
If you find this Mexican Lime Soup with Chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.