Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Healthy Fast Food.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague as well as to do all of their own cooking. There’s some benefit to that. From time to time, though, the last thing you choose is to have to prepare a meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home as soon as possible. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This can be done because lots of the popular fast food spots are trying to make their menus healthier now. Here’s how it’s possible to eat healthfully when you’re at a fast food spot.
Concentrate on the sides. Not too long ago, the sole side dish item available at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Now many of the fast food choices have been widened a great deal. There are many salads out there now. You could also select Chili. You may get a baked potato. You can choose fruit. There are many wholesome options that do not consist of putting something deep fried into your body. When deciding on your dinner from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This helps you keep the calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Logic claims that one of the best ways to stay balanced is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Every now and then, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook chicken tortilla soup you need 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Provide 2 cup Shredded Chicken
- Get 2 quart Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Use 15 oz Can of Tomato Sauce
- Provide 15 oz Black Beans
- Get 15 oz Corn
- Prepare 1⁄2 cup Chopped Onions
- Use 1⁄2 cup Diced Celery
- Get 2 clove Minced Garlic
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Dried Oregano
- Provide 1⁄2 cup Chopped Cilantro Leaves
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Take 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
- Provide 1⁄2 cup Chopped Carrots
- Use 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- Get 2 tbsp Butter
- Take Toppings
- You need 1 cup Shredded Monterey Jack
- Get 5 Corn Tortillas
- Provide 1 Sour Cream
- Use 2 Avocados
Instructions to make Chicken Tortilla Soup:
- Preheat your soup pot on medium high. Add butter. Melt it down, and add the carrots, celery and onion. Stir down for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cilantro. Stir another minute.
- Add diced cooked chicken and spices. Stir another minute, coating the chicken with the spices.
- Add tomato sauce. Let thicken for a couple minutes, then add the broth or stock. Bring back to a rapid boil, then set heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering, fry tortilla strips at 375°F for about 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Shred the cheese and slice the avocado.
- After 30 minutes, check the soup. Add up to 1 teaspoon of salt, to your taste.
- Garnish with tortilla strips, shredded Monterey Jack cheese and avocado wedges.
If you find this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.