Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Sweet Potato and Spinach soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Sweet Potato and Spinach soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet Potato and Spinach soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Just about every article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is really very true. Now and then, though, you definitely do not want to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. This is possible because lots of the popular fast food spots are trying to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to eat healthy when you visit the drive through.
Aim for the side dishes. It wasn’t too long ago that French Fries were your only side dish selection at a restaurant. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened quite a bit. Now lots of them provide salads. You might get chili. Baked potatoes can even be ordered. You can pick fruit. There are many healthful options that do not include putting something deep fried into your body. When you get your meal through a drive through window, select side dishes instead of just grabbing something premade. When you are doing this you may keep your fat content as well as your calorie counts low.
Logic states that that one the simplest way to stay healthy is to avoid the drive through and never eat fast food. While, in most cases, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you select healthful menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet potato and spinach soup recipe. To make sweet potato and spinach soup you need 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet Potato and Spinach soup:
- Take 2 large sweet potatoes
- Provide 3 medium red potatoes
- Use 1 large onion
- Use 1 cup diced carrots
- Use 1 cup diced celery
- Prepare 1 small avocado
- Provide 1 cup low fat sour cream
- Get 1 can nonfat evaporated milk
- Provide 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- You need 1 tsp basil
- Provide 1 tsp thyme
- Provide 1 tsp nutmeg
- Provide 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- Provide 1 tbsp splenda or other nonsugar sweetener
- Take 6 cup water
- Take 1 can spinach (or fresh or frozen spinach)
Steps to make Sweet Potato and Spinach soup:
- Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Add to crockpot and cover with water.
- Add bouillon cubes.
- Peel and dice red potatoes and carrots and add to pot.
- Dice celery and onion. Add to pot. Add water to cover.
- Add evaporated milk, thyme, basil and nutmeg.
- Drain and rinse canned spinach. If using fresh, then shred leaves. Add to pot.
- Mash avocado and add to sour cream. Stir to blend and add to pot.
- Add cinnamon to sugar substitute, mix and add to pot.
- Add water if needed to cover ingredients. Cook on high for ~3 hours or until vegetables are done. Remove from heat.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree soup into a creamy blend. Serve garnished with a touch of nutmeg or a cinnamon stick.
If you find this Sweet Potato and Spinach soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.