Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is really very true. Now and then, though, you totally do not wish to make a full meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to check out the drive through while you’re on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? You are capable of doing this because many of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu alternatives to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to find healthy food at the drive through.
Visit a drive through at a place that has made it a practice to provide healthier options to people. Arby’s for instance, is void of burgers. You could eat roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads instead. Wendy’s, whilst no stranger to the hamburger, likewise includes an abundance of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not all fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every thing.
Basic logic states that the proper way to lose weight and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make great choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just what you need. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to copycat panera bread french onion soup recipe. You can have copycat panera bread french onion soup using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Get 4 tbsp Butter
- Take 4 medium Vadilia sweet onions
- Provide 2 can Beef broth
- You need 1 cup Chicken broth
- Use 1 3⁄4 cup Water
- Use 3 tbsp Ketchup
- You need 3 tbsp Flour or Wondra
- You need 1 1⁄2 tsp Course ground black pepper
- Take 1 1⁄2 tsp Salt
- Take 1⁄4 tsp Dried thyme
- Get 1⁄4 tsp Garlic powder
- Prepare 1 1⁄2 tbsp Worcestershire
- Prepare garnish
- You need 1 bunch Parsley
- You need 1 loaf Crusty french bread
- Prepare 1 lb Thinly sliced Gruyere cheese
- Take 1 Butter
Steps to make Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup:
- Melt 4 TBS butter in a large stock pot, when melted, add the thinly sliced onions (no longer than an inch in lengh) to the pot and sauté on medium high heat for approx 20⁄25 minutes until the onions turn brown and soft.
- Once the onions are soft, mix the flour and water together and slowly pour into the onion mixture stirring constantly yielding a thick consistency. Next add the remaining ingredients (but not the garnish) and stir . Heat soup until it's lightly boiling, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the mean time to make the croutons, slice the French bread thinly (no thicker then a 1⁄2 inch). Butter the top side and stick under the broiler until the tops turn brown. Once the soup is done, ladle in an oven safe bowl. Add a few of the bread pieces on top and cover with the cheese. Put back in the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and melted and brown. Add fresh parsley on top before serving.
If you find this Copycat Panera Bread French Onion Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.