Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Could Certainly Have Enormous Benefits For Your Health.
Every person has heard the phrase “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this actually a true statement. This is something that many individuals live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. This thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In this post we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that will help to keep you healthy.
According to another study, apples also can have good results on your brain. They learned that one of the elements in apples called quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. Meaning by eating apples you can decrease the risk of getting Alzheimer’s.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so good for you. The benefits we covered are just a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. If you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem limitless. I really hope that the next time you go to the grocery store you wind up getting plenty of apples. It can truly help your overall health for short term as well as for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread recipe. You can cook mike's tortilla soup & green chile corn bread using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Provide Chicken Tortilla Soup & Garnishes
- Take 3 lb Shredded Chicken [rotisserie chicken preferred]
- Take 2 (32 oz) Boxes Chicken Broth
- Get 1 1⁄2 cup Each: Celery With Leaves & White Onions
- Provide 1 cup Fresh Carrots [chopped]
- You need 1 cup Fresh Cilantro
- You need 3 large Jalapeños [diced & de-seeded]
- Use 6 large Roasted Hatch Green Chili's Or 7 oz Can Diced Green Chil
- Provide 1 large Tomato Or 10 oz Can Rotell Tomatoes
- Provide 1 cup Corn
- Get 1 tbsp Each: Ground Cumin - Onion Powder
- You need 1 1⁄2 tsp Lime Salt - Sea Salt Or Powdered Chicken Bouillon
- You need 1⁄3 tbsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper - Red Pepper Flakes - Cayenn
- Prepare 2 tbsp Minced Garlic Or 1 tablespoon Powdered Garlic
- Take 1 tsp Lime Juice [if not using lime salt]
- Prepare 1 12" Flour Tortilla [cut into spoon sized bites - add in the la
- Prepare 1 Handful Mexican 3 Cheese [to tame & thicken]
- Get 1⁄4 tsp Mexican Oregano
- Provide 2 tbsp Of Your Favorite Salsa [optional-hot or mild. just for a
- Use 1 GARNISHES / TOPPINGS: Colored Tortillas [deep fried] Mexican 3
- Provide 1 White Onions - Green Onions - Cilantro - Jalapeños - Lime Wedg
Instructions to make Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread:
- Always keep your chicken [or other bloody meats/seafoods] away from any of your kitchen items or foods. This will help prevent any cross contamination.
- Pre-cooked and hand shredded Rotisserie Chicken seems to work best in this dish for roasted flavor purposes. It's also much less work. Just shread it into spoon sized pieces and place in a larger pot.
- If using raw chicken or chicken breasts, trim the fat and wash your chicken then simply boil them in chicken broth or water until fully cooked before going any further.
- Again, if using chicken breasts, check for doneness by sticking a knife in the thickest part of your largest chicken breast after 25 - 30 minutes of boiling. Make certain all fluids run clear and not pink. If at all pink or red in color, boil until ALL fluids run clear.
- Place everything together [other than your bite sized Tortilla pieces and anything in the GARNISHMENTS / TOPPINGS section] in the same larger shreadded chicken pot and simmer for 1 hour at a minimum. Longer if at all possible.
- In the last 5 - 10 minutes of boiling [meaning your carrots are fully cooked] add your chopped, spoon sized Flour Tortillas to your pot. These will serve you well as both a soup thickener and a tummy filler.
- To serve, ladle soup in bowl and have your guests garnish their bowls with as many GARNISHMENTS / TOPPERS as they desire. These toppings are also essential to the meal since most will actually curb much of the Scoville heat, add fantastic contrasts and flavor and round your meal all together.
- Authors Note: You can purchase multi colored, pre-fried Tortilla strips in most chain stores. However, if you cannot, simply purchase multi colored flour Tortillas, cut into thin strips and deep fry in a high heat oil until crispy. Then drain on a paper towel or equivalent. Or, you have the option of serving whole, larger, pre-packaged chips.
- Serve this soup with this EASY Cheddar Green Chile Corn Bread. Use a basic box of Jiffy Brand Corn Bread and mix according to manufacturer's directions. Add to that 1⁄2 cup fine chopped Hatch Green Chilies or Jalapeños, 1 teaspoon Cumin and 1⁄2 cup Cheddar Cheese. Sprinkle top with Cheddar as well. Bake as directed.
If you find this Mike's Tortilla Soup & Green Chile Corn Bread recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.