Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Can Have Enormous Benefits To Improve Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they also pass this on to their children. This specific thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever discovering why they should eat an apple a day. In our research we have found out why you are told to eat an apple a day and we’ll be revealing that with you here.
Based on another study, apples can also have positive results on your brain. They learned that one of the elements in apples referred to as quercetin, has actually been proven to help you to protect brain cells. And naturally thanks to this element in apples, they are able to essentially reduce Alzheimer’s symptoms.
I really hope I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good for you. One thing you should realize is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. You’ll be able to find many more benefits with regard to your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and pick up some apples the very next time you go to the store. You will notice that your overall health may significantly be benefited when you eat apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken recipe. To make economical, healthy and easy sweet and sour chicken you only need 16 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Provide 1 large breast Chicken breast
- You need Marinade:
- Take 1 see step 3 Sugar, sake, soy sauce, pepper, sesame oil (or vegetable oil)
- You need 3 tbsp ▲ Katakuriko
- Provide 3 cm Carrot
- Get 2 small Green bell pepper
- You need 2 Shiitake mushrooms
- You need 1⁄2 medium Onion
- Use 1⁄2 Cooked bamboo shoot in water
- Prepare Flavor:
- Take 2 1⁄2 tbsp ★Sugar
- Take 2 tablepoons each ★ Ketchup, soy sauce, vnegar
- You need 2 tsp ★ Chinese soup stock
- Prepare 100 ml ★Water
- Use 1 tbsp + 2 tablespoons Katakuriko + Water
- Take 1 dash Salt and pepper
Steps to make Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken:
- Remove the skin and open up the thicker parts to make it all the same thickness. Cover with plastic wrap use the handle of a knife or a rolling pin to pound the meat. Remove the plastic wrap and pierce with a fork.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Put the chicken into a plastic bag and add 1⁄4 teaspoon (about 2 pinches) of sugar, 1 tablespoon each of soy sauce and sake, and 1 teaspoon of oil. Rub the seasoning into the meat for about 1 minute. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the vegetables. Cut the onion in half horizontally and cut into 6-8 slices. Thinly slice the thicker part of the carrot into pieces of the same size as the onion.
- Cut the shiitake, green pepper, and bamboo shoot to the same size of the onion.
- Combine the ★ ingredients.
- Prepare the katakuriko slurry.
- Add the ▲ ingredients to the plastic bag from Step 2 and gently coat each piece of chicken evenly.
- Fry the chicken in a good amount of oil until browned and crisp, then transfer to a dish. (If there are some burned areas left in the frying pan, wipe or wash it clean).
- Add a little bit of oil to the frying pan from Step 9 and quickly saute the green peppers. When the peppers are coated well with oil, transfer to the same plate as the chicken. It's okay if they aren't completely cooked.
- Add some more oil to the frying pan and saute the onion and carrots. Add the shiitake and bamboo shoot and continue sautéing.
- Once the oil has coated the vegetables, add the ★ mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Swirl in the katakuriko slurry and stir. Once it has thickened, add the chicken and green peppers. Let simmer and then season with salt and pepper. Done.
- (If you have some time available, deep fry the vegetables. In that case, skip Step 10.)
- It's easier to make if you prepare the dish until Step 6 the night before, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the refrigerator.
If you find this Economical, Healthy and Easy Sweet and Sour Chicken recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.