Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single article about reducing your weight and getting healthy tells readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is really good advice. Now and then, though, you totally do not wish to make an entire meal for your family or even just for yourself. Once in a while you need to check out the drive through while you are on your way home and complete the day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. This is because most popular fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their selections. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Visit a drive through in a place which has made it a practice to supply healthier options to people. Arby’s for example, does not provide burgers. You could consume roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads instead. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, nevertheless the menu there has a considerable amount of wholesome choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not many fast food locations are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Standard logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose weight is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make sensible choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. At times the thing you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthy decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup recipe. You can have mike's, "sick day," chicken noodle soup using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- You need ● For The Chicken Noodle Soup
- Get 4 box (32 oz) Chicken Broth [with sodium- reserve 1]
- Get 3 large Chicken Breasts [de-thawed & fat trimmed]
- Prepare 1 small White Onion [quartered]
- Prepare 2 tsp Dried Italian Seasoning
- Use 1 tsp Chicken Bouillon
- Prepare 1⁄2 tsp Sea Salt
- You need 1⁄4 tsp Celery Salt
- Get 1 tsp White Pepper
- You need 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Take 1 tbsp Dried Parsley
- Take 1⁄2 tsp Dried Rosemary
- Get 1⁄2 tsp Dried Thyme
- Get 3 small Bay Leaves
- Get 2 cup Baby Carrots [halved]
- Provide 1 small Splash Olive Oil
- Take 2 cup Celery [chopped with leaves]
- Prepare 1 (12 oz) Bag Wide Egg Noodles
- Use ● For The Optional Ingredients
- Use 1 cup Fresh Mushrooms
- Get 1⁄2 cup Fresh Basil
- Prepare 1⁄3 Cooking Sherry
- Prepare 3⁄4 Heavy Cream
- Provide Optional Sides
- You need 1 box Croutons
- Provide 1 loaf French Bread
Instructions to make Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Author's Note: Keep chicken separated from other kitchen items and ingredients until boil to avoid any risk of cross-contamination.
- Also, dark chicken meat with the bone in [like that of chicken thighs, etc,.] make for a more flavorful soup. Just pull meat from the bone once they're fully cooked. I used chicken breasts since that's what I had on hand.
- Add everything together in a large pot except for your celery, carrots, noodles, 1 of your 4 boxes chicken broth and anything from the, "Optional Ingredients," category.
- Turn on high and boil for 35 minutes.
- Pull cooked breasts, quartered onions and Bay Leaves from broth. Discard onions and Bay Leaves. * Make certain your breasts are fully cooked and not pink in the middle. If they are, boil longer.
- Place celery and carrots into broth and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles to your boiling broth. Boil 8 minutes longer, [or as per your noodle manufacturers recommendations] stirring regularly. There's no need for oil or salt even if recommended by the manufacturer. They're both already in your broth.
- Add shredded chicken. Also, add your reserved box of chicken broth if some or most of your original broth has dissipated. Boil 5 more minutes longer.
- If you find even more fluid is required, especially after refrigerating, just add tap water. There's plenty enough chicken flavor in this soup to add it and not alter the taste.
- Authors Note: You can add croutons to the side or crisp your bread in the oven if anyone's suffering from a scratchy throat.
- Serve soup in a bowl with a handle so it can be eaten while in bed. Also, serve with any absorbent bread of your choosing. Enjoy!
If you find this Mike's, "Sick Day," Chicken Noodle Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.