Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Almost each and every “get healthy” and “weight loss” document you study will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. There’s some value to this. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is put together a whole supper for yourself and your family. Sometimes just about all you really want is to go to the drive through and get home as quickly as possible. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be authorized to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. This is possible because an abundance of the popular fast food spots making the effort to make their menus healthy now. Here is the way to eat healthy when you hit the drive through.
Choose your drive through based on whether it has more healthy options available. For example, Arby’s won’t provide hamburgers. Instead, a person’s choices consist of roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, but the menu there has lots of wholesome choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not all fast food spots are as unhealthy as McDonalds with its deep fried every little thing.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make great choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Every now and then, permitting someone else cook dinner is just what you require. When you choose healthful menu items, you do not have to feel terrible about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe. To make smoked mussel and saffron soup you only need 17 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Get 2 lbs fresh mussels
- Provide 500 ml fish stock
- Prepare 500 ml white wine
- Prepare 500 ml clam nectar
- Provide 2 sprigs lemon balm
- Get 2 stalks lemon grass
- You need 2 tsp saffron
- Use 2 cups apple wood chips
- Prepare 5 sprigs thyme
- Prepare 1 litre heavy cream
- Take 2 strips bacon
- Provide 125 ml mayonnaise
- You need 1 carrot
- Use 1 shallot
- Get 1 stalk celery
- You need 1 baby Yukon gold potato (aka golden nugget)
- Provide 2 gherkin pickles
Instructions to make Smoked mussel and saffron soup:
- Put white wine, lemon balm, thyme and lemon grass in a sauce pot and reduce by half
- Place saffron in 1cup of steaming hot water cover and put aside.
- Smoke 10-15 mussels in a skillet. Do this by placing the wood chips in the skillet dry and bringing to a smoulder. Wrap the mussels in tin foil, poke some holes in it and place in the skillet with the wood chips. Cover and smoke for 5-10 mins.
- Once shells have opened, remove meat, place in a blender with the clam nectar and blitz!
- Combine all liquids except saffron in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and liquid to 3⁄4 of original amount.
- Strain saffron tea through a fine sieve into the broth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- You should now have a vibrant yellow and Smokey broth.
- Fine dice the carrot, shallot, celery, potato and bacon. Sweat until soft and set aside to cool.
- Once all is cool, fine dice the gherkins and mix all together with mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to taste.
- You now have remoulade.
- In a covered sauce pan add saffron broth and enough mussels for 3 mussels per person to be served. *I use clams as well to add variety and texture.
- Place a spoon full of remoulade in the center of a shallow soup bowl.
- Once the mussels have opened in the broth, place them around the remoulade and add the broth.
- Garnish with a nice green herb of your choice and enjoy
- Chili oil is an optional garnish that adds to the smokey flavour and brings an element of heat to the dish.
If you find this Smoked mussel and saffron soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.