Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Good Pertaining To Your Health.
Everyone has heard the saying “an apple a day will keep the doctor away”, however the question is, is this really a true statement. Many people have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This concept is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. You will be pleased to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is thought to be a miracle fruit.
Now the question is, why are these types of vitamins and minerals essential? As I am confident you know, research is being done all the time and there have been studies that have been done that indicate that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And also by eating apples you could lower your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. Just that one point should be enough reason for everyone to start eating apples.
I hope I have revealed some information that explained why apples are so good. The advantages we covered are only a few of the benefits that eating apples can offer. It is possible to find many more benefits for your health when it comes to apples. So do yourself a favor and purchase some apples the next time you go to the store. These apples can lead to helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. To make 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice you need 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Prepare 1 bag (20 oz) hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix
- Provide 1 medium white or yellow onion diced
- Provide 1⁄2 green bell pepper diced
- Get 1⁄2 red bell pepper diced
- Get 3⁄4 cup celery diced
- Take 3 cloves garlic minced
- Use Seasoning packet from beans
- Get 2 tablespoons parsley
- Provide 4 cups filtered water
- You need 4 cups chicken broth
- Use 1 ham hock
- Provide 2 packs (12 oz) each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed
- Provide Juice of 1 small lemon
- Use 1 can (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes don't drain
- Get 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- Prepare 1 teaspoon sea salt
- You need 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Provide 2 tablespoons butter
- Get For rice 👇
- Prepare 3 cups white instant rice
- Get 3 cups filtered water
- Get 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Prepare 1 teaspoon pepper
- Take 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Use 4 tablespoons butter
Instructions to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard.
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking)
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use.
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered.
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.