Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Apples Could Certainly Have Massive Benefits For Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? This is something that many individuals live by and they also make certain their children are eating at least one apple a day. This particular thought can be identified in country’s all around the world and men and women follow it as gospel with out ever finding out why they should eat an apple a day. In this article we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food which will help to keep you healthy.
Now the question turns into, exactly why are these kinds of vitamins and minerals so important? Well to start with there have been quite a few studies done that report that eating apples can reduce the chance of various cancers. Some of the cancers that apples can help evade are breast, liver, lung and colon cancers. Just that one factor should be adequate reason for everyone to start eating apples.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. In this post we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. Every one of the benefits would take us too long to include in this article, however the information is out there. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to purchase a number of apples, their in the produce section. You will find that your overall health can tremendously be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- Provide 1 lb. dry split green peas
- Get 4 smoked bacon slices
- Use 2 tbsp. bacon fat
- Provide 2 garlic cloves, minced
- You need 1 cup onions, small diced
- Provide 2⁄3 cup carrot, small diced
- Take 2⁄3 cup celery, small diced
- You need 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- You need 1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- Provide 1 tbsp. basil leaves cut in strips
- Take 1 chicken cube chicken bouillon
- Use 1 tsp. salt
- You need 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Take 8 cups pork stock, chicken stock or water
- Use feta cheese bruscheta
- Provide 12 baguette bread slices
- Provide 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Get 2 garlic cloves, minced
- You need 2 smoked bacon slices cooked and diced
- Get 2⁄3 cup feta cheese, small diced
- Take 2 tsp. chopped oregano
- Take 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Use 1⁄2 tsp. paprika powder
Instructions to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA:
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. - Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. - Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together.
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. - Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. - Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender.
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more.
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA - Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. - Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. - In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano.
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. - Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown.
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips.
If you find this JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.