Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about bettering your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is certainly excellent advice. Now and then, though, you totally do not wish to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This may be possible because lots of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus healthier now. Here is how one can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Choose your drive through according to whether or not it has better options available. Arby’s as an example, doesn’t offer burgers. Instead, your choices include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. Wendy’s, not surprisingly, is known for its square burgers, but the menu there has a considerable amount of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Not every little thing is McDonalds featuring its deep fried chicken parts as well as other terribly unfit items.
Traditional logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. Most of the time this is a good plan but if you make great choices, there is not any reason you can’t visit your drive through from time to time. Once in a while, letting someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. There isn’t any reason to feel guilty about visiting the drive through when you make healthful decisions!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup recipe. To make low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup you need 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup:
- Get 2 slices sprouted wheat bread
- Prepare 2 tablespoons low fat pesto
- Take 1⁄4 cup grated part skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare 18 oz jar crushed tomatoes
- Provide 1⁄2 cup water
- Take 1⁄3 cup fresh basil chopped
- Use 1 tablespoon paprika
- Prepare 1⁄4 tsp salt
- Provide to taste Black pepper
Steps to make Low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toast bread lightly in toaster. So it’s a bit crispy but not browned.
- Spread pesto on both slices and spread cheese on one slice.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until desired brownness is reached. Flip and bake an additional 5 minutes for the other side. Should look like this when it’s done.
- Place remaining tomato soup ingredients in pot and simmer for 5 minutes. This part makes 2-3 servings of soup so either halve the recipe or save the extra in the fridge.
- Cut cheese sandwich serve with soup and enjoy!
If you find this Low fat “grilled” cheese pesto sandwich and tomato soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.